ARTICLE I - NAME
The name of the organization shall be: Sierra Nevada Four Wheel Drive Club
ARTICLE II - PURPOSES AND AIMS
This organization shall be non-profit in character, bringing together and promoting the interest of 4 wheeling as well as enjoying our country’s natural resources. This organization shall support the California Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc. and abide by its by-laws and procedures. This organization focuses on keeping public land open to motorized recreation.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
- Membership is open to owners of 4 Wheel drive vehicles, by invitation, who have participated in at least (3) club four wheel drive trips and (1) trail maintenance/work day. Prospective members must be sponsored by a member in good standing and approved by at least 2/3 of the current members.
- Membership is not currently limited to a specific number, but may be limited in the future.
- Dues for this organization shall be $0 Initiation Fee and $45 Yearly per member to cover Cal4Wheel membership.
- The minimum age for members shall be eighteen (18) years. Each member must hold a valid driver’s license and have adequate insurance coverage.
- To remain in good standing a club member must pay his/her dues within 60 days of due date; attend (1) club function per year. Any exceptions to these requirements are to be submitted to the Board of Directors and presented to the membership for action.
- All members must conduct themselves in a responsible, respectable and orderly fashion at all times.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS AND DUTIES
- The officers of this club shall be President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The President shall be the executive officer and will preside at all meetings. He/she shall have the duty of carrying out the policies and decisions of the members. He/she shall co-sign checks with the Treasurer.
- The Vice President will assist the President and act on his/her behalf in case of absence.
- The Secretary shall record all minutes of the meetings; maintain the records; write any correspondence as directed; notify the membership of meetings and events.
- The Treasurer shall receive all monies; be responsible for the bank deposits; disburse funds as authorized; co-sign checks with the President and have the books open for inspection by authorized auditors or club members.
- Delegate - (may or may not be an elected office) The delegate shall attend all District meetings of CA4WDC Inc., and shall make a full report to the membership. He/she shall have the authority to make decisions for the club if he/she has not been previously instructed.
ARTICLE V - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The board of directors shall be appointed as necessary and as needs arise.
ARTICLE VI - MEETINGS
Membership meetings shall be conducted online via a private internet forum.
ARTICLE VII - ELECTIONS AND VOTING
Elections of officers and Board of Directors shall be held online via a private internet forum. Nominations will be accepted and a majority of 3/4 membership votes will decide all matters.